Less than a day to go - THANK GOD. I have felt like throwing up more than twice today (I'm 20 weeks pregnant, this is because of the anxiety!), have had a HUGE pimple pop out, and can barely sleep (okay, that's a lie - I sleep fine until my requisite wake up then I can't go back to sleep). I've had EVERYONE I know weigh in on: how I'm carrying, my differing cravings, everything - I still go back and forth as to what we're having. With James we had no idea (obviously, I hadn't been pregnant before), although because his heartrate was high everyone said "girl". Well, his heartrate was actually around 140-145 (by this point in the pregnancy, halfway) -- at the very beginning, his heart rate was much higher, but it sounds like most fetuses at the 6 week mark are super high. Anyway, we had somehow told ourselves "girl" so it was a big surprise when James turned out to be a boy. Obviously we were ecstatic and super excited - the first Zschunke boy. The first son of the first son, kind of cool.
This time, my symptoms have been entirely different. Much more pronounced physical and emotional symptoms. Does that mean girl this time? I keep on expecting them to say boy because that's what we saw last time, you know? I guess you just expect the same little miracle to come out that came out the first time. :) You know, on that tangent, they are ALL little miracles. I wouldn't change a thing about how long it took to get pregnant with James, how much PPD I had, nothing. We are handed gifts in life and I am so grateful for anything I get - too many people in this world are suffering.
On that note, I need to fold some laundry and possibly just puke to get my nerves out of my stomach. I'll post again tomorrow with our results. In the meantime, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.". Oh, and "accept that I have to drink 4 GLASSES OF WATER in the HOUR before the ultrasound and not pee". Are you KIDDING ME?
No comments:
Post a Comment