...is on her way! Stephanie is in the hospital today awaiting the birth of her daughter. It sounds like things are progressing well for her. She had hoped for a really calm, special, natural delivery so I do hope that happens. We will know soon when Zoya has made her arrival.
Otherwise, the past week has been good/normal. Our weekend was nice: I got a mani/pedi on Saturday and then that night we went to dinner with friends. Sunday just hung out and then did stuff around the house, and then went to Brice's birthday party. A lot of fun for James and for us!
I had another check up yesterday and nothing is happening. Hopefully that will remain the case until after this weekend. Not only do we want to go to Poquoson for a quick visit with Sarah and her girls, but, the doctor everyone despises is on call this weekend. I do NOT want him to deliver this baby, so, I'm making the decision that the baby isn't coming this weekend!
James didn't nap on Monday, so we had a long day. And the past few days he has but only after I've had to be pretty firm with him about the whole thing. I hate being firm and making him cry/whimper, it breaks my heart. But he needs his nap. Today our morning plans were canceled and all I had the energy to do was go to Babies R Us (spening over $200 in the process on a double stroller that I love love love) and then to meet Greg for lunch. That was nice and it's so great that he works so close now. But, we had to leave the house because we were going to just play inside all day as Greg fertilized the lawn last night and we cannot go out there for three days. THREE DAYS?! Sigh. Anyway, after lunch we went to Greg's office and saw that. Then came home. James had so much energy that I tried to encourage him to run around. In any case, he is napping now and I have to go wake him up. After all the trouble to get him to sleep and now I have to wake him up. It seems so silly. But I'd rather wake him up then have a 10 p.m. bedtime tonight. Greg did say he'd leave around 5 as he got into work at 7:30 (the cats woke us up a bit after 6), so he'll be home soon. I'm hoping we can either have a family trip to the pool or go to the park - we all had a big lunch so dinner will be more of a foraging event than a proper meal.
The good news is that I got a great nap in and feel good. Stephanie is in labor 9 days early - I am surprised but she had a feeling the other day that she would go early after thinking her whole pregnancy that she'd be late. I still think I'm an on-time kind of girl - so let's push for the week leading up to my due date!
No comments:
Post a Comment