Monday, July 7, 2008

Our New Schedule

I realized that recent blogs have focused on me, and not on James. Oops. Lately, James has been his usual monkey self: climbing, jumping, laughing, running, etc. He's also been kissing. A lot. And licking. It's sort of gross. We are blaming the Lightning McQueen car from the movie "Cars". I mean, we are very affectionate with our son but we DO NOT LICK HIM. Just want to put that out there.

Otherwise, he is picking up new words and phrases every day. It's awesome. The other night he said "I'm not tired" (super for tired parents). Last night he said, "More chicken" so clearly it was like having a conversation with a 4 year old (he's 2). And on and on with the words and phrases. He's still doing sign language but does it along with saying the words. So he does signs/words for "thank you", "please", etc. It's very cool. He's also getting better at repeating things. This isn't always good. Greg and I need to curb our language. James is quite adept at saying "butt cheeks". I blame Greg for this one.

Anyway, back to the post at hand. Today we started our new schedule and woke James up at 7:30 a.m. Our morning plans were canceled but luckily we found another activity at a playground with MOMS Club. Good, get him hot and tired. We also dropped off the Intonations cd and tape (for my college a cappella group) at the director's house (fortunately, she lives in Herndon...she could live anywhere in the flipping world but for my sake she lives in Herndon - I am happy here folks!), and then afterwards hit Target. Walked in and ran into Allyson, from my high school class. Haven't seen her since our 10 year reunion, 5 years ago. And yet, coincidentally, will see her this Saturday night at our 15 year reunion. I knew she worked in Herndon but wow. Anyway, that was cool. James was being good so we hit the dollar bins - he scored a plastic turtle (he loves turtles) and a "Cars" water bottle. We were there to purchase baby gifts for the neighbor and college friends, who both just had baby boys. We DID get those items, plus the turtle/water bottle, plus a "Cars" t-shirt (which I HAD TO CHANGE JAMES INTO IN THE PARKING LOT), flour, butter, chocolate chips, and cookie mixes. I love Target.

ANYWAY, I get so distracted....we got home, had lunch, and James went to nap beautifully right at 1:30 p.m., just as I'd hoped. He is still sleeping now at 4 p.m. I am actually not sleepy today, so I made cookies for the neighbor and worked on the blog layout - I added links to blogs, I hope you guys are all okay with that.

Final cute thing about James these days: he knows where the baby is and whenever we read his "I'm a Big Brother" book and get to the page about the baby eating, he interrupts to say "Mommy's milk". I change the words in the book which say the baby will use a bottle so James has picked up on this. Of course, he keeps pointing to my belly when I ask where the milk will come from. Soon enough, he'll get it.

And sorry, no, no photos right now....well, maybe.

No comments: