Friday, August 22, 2008

Enjoying the Quiet

I have both boys napping in their beds/rooms. I am still mentioning this because I am often shocked that Nate is so much easier with going to bed than James was/is. Is it him? Is it me? This sounds like a song. Anyway, I have a moment and while I'd rather be making/eating chocolate chip cookies (hhmm...maybe I will make those...), I will post quickly.

We've had a good week. I think I posted through Tuesday....on Wednesday, Elizabeth T. ("ET") came over to play with Tyler and Connor (Hayden was running a low grade fever so he stayed home with Daddy). We had a nice visit while the boys played outside - it was gorgeous out. ET brought me her extra diapers for Nate - woo hoo!

Yesterday (Thursday) we met up with our Thursday morning playgroup at Vienna Meadowlane park - Kim's suggestion. It was great. Two toddler friendly playgrounds, six "bucket"/toddler swings, and a huge sandlot. Lots of toys to ride on too. Also, fenced in, picnic benches, bathrooms, etc. A great place and worth the 20 minute drive. We were there enjoying company and the weather for two hours. I think I pushed James in the swing for about 40 minutes - oy. But Nate slept the whole time. Well, that is until we got in the car to go home and he woke up. So I nursed him in the car while James played in the car. Of course, when we were ready to go I had to forcefully get James into his car seat. Sigh.

Today was our usual Friday morning playgroup at Beth's house - yummy bran muffins. :) Very nice to see friends (for both of us). And, the plumber came on time and fixed the tub in record time, so we had near-maximum friend time, which was great. We then hit Burger King on the way home - James had an insane appetite for fries and his cheeseburger today. I feel gross from my Whopper but I am still taking it easy until 6 weeks post-partum and then will beat myself up about things!

Our schedule for fall is nearly set: Monday/Thursday will be preschool for James (not sure what I'll do with Nate, possibly teach on Mondays, shop, run errands or, wow, here's a concept, relax at home with my new baby!) and then Wednesdays will be our Friday playgroup (we're switching days), and then Fridays we will take a Wee Play class. I've heard great things about it and I think this our only opportunity to do it (while Nate is a sling/Bjorn baby). Happily, our friends Melissa (Owen), Lauren (Luke and Max), and Beth (Christina) will be in the same class, so I'm doing this as another socializing event for us. Tuesdays we will have alternate week playgroup with our Thursday group (okay, this is getting confusing) and then hopefully we can fit in playgroups with our Gymboree friends, our Arlington/college friends, and other friends. Oh, and possibly visit with Nana and Tata too. So when do I grocery shop???? :) Just kidding, I love to be busy.

This weekend is looking quiet. We are doing a Butterfly thing (Greg found it) with the Town of Herndon tomorrow morning (for James) and then I just have a bunch of things around the house to do. We are being brought dinner tomorrow night by MOMS Club, yea. And next week it looks like we have each morning with something to do: playdate on Monday with Lauren/Luke/Max, Tuesday Nana/Tata babysit and then a playdate with Megan/Abby, Wednesday a playdate with Barbara and Sophie, Thursday playgroup at Jane's or a final playdate with Arlington friends before school starts, and then Friday regular playgroup at Laura's. We are switching playgroup dates after Labor Day, which is scarily next weekend. We are going to go up to Annapolis for lunch that Saturday and enjoy Evan's birthday that Sunday. WOW. My memory frightens me sometimes. :)

Have a great weekend. And yes, I need to take/post more photos. But every time I want a photo taken with one or both of the boys, I look like CRAP. I have no time to really do my hair these days. Sigh. And poor Nate has the acne and is losing his baby hair. Sigh. Otherwise, cute as a bug!!

No comments: