I had a whole post written but then I had to get James down for nap and the computer lost the internet connection and now Nate is waking up....wah. In a rundown:
1) Thank you to Elizabeth, Matthew and David, who came over today on day # 1 to amuse us. It was most appreciated. We are also excited about our dinner casserole and I've eaten three of the cookies so far. Yeah, I have no self control even though I'm desperate to lose my gut.
2) I got James down for his nap before Nate woke up from his. I really don't have any time to myself anymore. Yikes. Luckily James was cool with me leaving before he fell asleep and although I could hear him in there chatting he is now quiet and presumedly asleep. I think jumping on the bed with Matthew and playing in the pool got him tired. Phew. It is so nice for him to have friends and he was SO excited about Matthew's visit. I think he has a "man crush" on him. :)
3) I haven't showered yet today. Sigh.
4) At 12 days old Nate weighed in at a solid 8 pounds, 10 ounces. He was switched to # 1 diapers a few days ago after he leaked through the newborns. My baby is growing fast!! We like to see the chubby arms and legs and face though. Greg and I seem to have long, skinny newborns. We'll see if Nate follows in his brother's slim footsteps or if he is chubbier.
5) My in-laws will come tomorrow and my MIL will stay through Wednesday. Then I'm more officially on my own. I am going to try to make 2-3 playdates a week (that includes our usual Friday playgroup) and then have a Nana and Tata visit the fourth day. And the 5th I will either stay at home or do something like a walk (which I need to do anyway) and a park visit or a small grocery or Target or Babies R Us run. No more Costco for now (on my own) or a huge grocery run. I think groceries will be a weekend solo activity or I'll do the online ordering.
Hopefully this post will post. I really want more cookies!
No comments:
Post a Comment