So I guess I am on a weekly update basis. We have been busy. Last Friday Greg's parents came for a visit. The boys kept busy with outdoor projects all weekend, including updating our front display area - Greg's mom is an excellent gardener so they all enjoyed that. We went out for our first few meals and wow, things went well. Saturday night we were out late but James had had a late nap so it was fine. And Nate slept through dinner AND all the way home AND in the crib for another hour or so - amazing.
Sunday we went to lunch before Greg's dad took off, then went to a park and got take out for dinner. We watched the Olympics whenever they were on....not that often if you don't have cable, wah.
On Monday we went to Reston Zoo, which was super fun for James. They have monkeys, turtles, a feeding/petting zoo, AND pony rides. My little two year old happily rode a pony! That night, unfortunately, my MIL started to feel sick. I think she picked up what James, then Nate, and then Greg had - sniffles, congestion, etc. So she ended up leaving a day early on Tuesday night. Luckily I am medicated and caffeinated enough and feel fine handling the boys on my own. So she got home safe and we are doing well.
Tuesday morning Cary came for a visit with her boys and brought a meal (thank you!), which was fun. Yesterday I took the boys to James's preschool for a playground playdate - I met some really nice moms and two little boys who are in James's class. James was FILTHY after the playdate but really enjoyed himself. I also learned some things about the school from moms who know, including my friend Liz, who was there with her girls. Today we had a playdate with Ali and her boys (and received another meal, thank you!) which was very fun. James decided NOT to pooh yesterday so today, as of 1 p.m., I had changed his poopy diaper three times. Sigh.
Tonight is cooking club - I do want to go, but have nothing to contribute. I might pick up something at Giant on the way - I will take Nate, of course. Luckily it can be a last minute thing as the hostess lives a mile from us in the neighborhood. Tomorrow we have regular Friday playgroup, always fun. This weekend we have a birthday party at Gymboree on Saturday afternoon and then my nephew Jack's birthday party in Maryland on Sunday. They are getting crabs - yum!!
So many lovely friends have brought us meals - I have thanked everyone formally, but I'd also like to thank online the following wonderful friends: Liz, Elizabeth, Kate, Jocelyn, Ali, Kim, Lauren, and Cary. We will be receiving even more meals next week from DCMM and MOMS Club and I cannot tell everyone how much I appreciate it. To just be able to relax with the boys in the early evening is a blessing. That plus a glass of wine and not worrying about things just makes my day. If I forgot anyone please please forgive me....mommy brain.
Well, James is napping and Nate is waking up, so I guess my free time (all 1/2 hour of it) is over. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment