Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What James Says

I just need to put some stuff down to remember what James is saying these days.

1) He calls my parents "Nana" and "Tata". I guess he can't say Grandma and Grandpa yet, so these are his modifications. They've been here a lot the past two weeks and so whenever they leave he asks "Where'd Tata go?" or "Where'd Nana go?". He accepts that they have gone to work or gone home.

2) I asked James the other night the following questions and these were his answers:

"Does Daddy go to work?" - "Yes"
"Does Tata go to work?" - "Yes"
"Does Mama go to work?" - pause...."No"

I guess he doesn't realize I'm ALWAYS at work.

3) James is very independent these days, and says "I got it" or "I'll do it" from everything from dressing (attempting to dress), turning on his DVDs (unfortunately we've watched a lot of TV recently), eating, coloring, doing his puzzles, etc. No help accepted.

4) Dictator: James is very pushy these days. "Mama move". "Mama sit". I like it when he tells me to sit down, it's like he knows I need a break. :)

In general, I am enjoying his better communication and I know that he does too. I am still, of course, the main interpretor for anyone who can't yet understand him. I will be happy when things get even clearer.

No comments: