Monday, December 1, 2008

Nate's 4 Month Stats

Nate had his 4 month appointment this morning. Currently, he's sleeping off the trauma of his vaccinations. He handled them with lots of screaming and crying. I was very near tears myself. I think I didn't react like that with James because I was fully medicated - I found crying to be difficult, if that makes sense. Now, I'm fully weaned off my medication - I was going to wean in a better way but I honestly just did it cold turkey. A few weeks of weird head fuzzies but now I feel fine/normal. Honestly, I LIKE to know that I can cry. I am an emotional person - my mom has always said it and it's true: I laugh easily and I cry easily. I wear my heart on my sleeve. :)

Anyway, this is about Nate. Besides the vaccinations, our little boy is perfect. Natch. Here are his stats:

Weight: 15 pounds, 12.5 ounces (74th percentile)
Height: 26 and 3/4 inches (93rd percentile)
Head: 16 and 1/2 inches (60th percentile - I think)

So his growth is great - I thought his weight percentile would be higher, but hey, I'm not complaining. We can start rice cereal at any time, but I'm so not anxious to do so - it's just another step each day and he's fine with nursing. The doctor and I agreed to wait until 6 months, which is perfectly fine with me. I might be weird, but I actually like nursing. It's a close, loving, nurturing relationship I have with my son - I will always remember how sweet he looks when he's nursing and tightly gripping my finger, or looking up at me with wide, innocent eyes. It is so wonderful knowing that I am his world right now - soon enough he will crawl away from me. I will take this time for every moment I can.

No comments: