I've been very lazy since the marathon....lying around, eating bonbons, watching Oprah.
Okay, not really. In truth, I've only been running once. I took off the first week post-marathon deliberately, especially with the soreness and achy toes. The second week, I blamed the early darkness and the cold mornings. And then went out once with Nate in the single jogger. It was a tough 3 miles. I think I'm just still recovering plus enjoying the sleep. There is something to be said for a goal, like the marathon. I ran on schedule for several months and never had a moment of, "oh, I'll just roll back over". First off, one of the kids was usually up anyway. Second off, I knew I had to do it to finish in a respectable time.
Anyway. Now that it's over, and I'm luckily not dealing with post-marathon depression (I'm actually happy to have it done with and enjoying some more laziness!), I'm feeling very personally physically lazy. This all changes tomorrow, as I have a run scheduled with Patty at 5:45 a.m. It will feel good to get back out there - especially since I am meeting someone! Jane and I are running on Sunday at 8 a.m. as well. So, that's twice this week. I'll be retrieving my treadmill as well, so, no excuses after that!
The boys and I have been very busy with various activities - last week we went to the local ice skating rink. They had toddler time and put out shaved "snow", sleds, and lots of toys for the kids. Followed by cookies, hot cocoa, and a story. Nice Tuesday morning activity - and Nate was free. Bonus!
We've hit lots of parks, done lots of fall crafts, and basically enjoyed each other's company a lot. Over the weekend, we went down to Williamsburg for the day for a Tribe football game (8-1 this year! Tribe Pride!) and ate at all my favorite Burg sandwich joints. It was a lovely day weather-wise and the boys were awesome troopers. I'll post some photos soon.
The drama comes in with my singing group. To say we had a "pulse check" meeting last night is to put things lightly. It was more like the group was/is in cardiac arrest. I won't go into details on the blog, as the future is uncertain, but let's just say we are all tentative as to the future of the group. Always fascinating, though, to see how grown women can be bitter, cliqueish, and really dramatic. Hello?! Aren't we past that????
In good news, I signed the contract for our new kitchen. I am thrilled beyond belief. If I can post drawings here, I will. Needless to say, it will be a 6 week project beginning mid-January!!! I need to soon get on the page of choosing all new appliances, counters, backsplash, and paint colors. We are knocking down a wall and replacing the floor in the kitchen and dining room -- it will be spectacular. Of course, it will also make the rest of the house look old and dirty. :) Greg and I are hoping to update the baths, other walls, and lighting ourselves to save a bit of money down the road. I thank my Uncle Walt for making this, and helping to send our boys to college, possible. We miss you Uncle Walt.
And back to laziness.....Nate is sleeping, James is playing dinosaurs, and I'm thinking I should join him.
Thanks for tuning in. It's fascinating over here, isn't it??
1 comment:
Yes. It's ALWAYS fascinating at Mom Land. Can't wait to hear about the group.
Post a Comment