Sunday, September 5, 2010

Due Date: 2 Months from Today!

I've been  horribly slack in updating the blog. Not that I don't have anything to say, but, the time is never upon me and when it is, I just forget! I feel like I need to look at my calendar to remember what we did in August - alas, I don't have it with me here in Connecticut, so, I'll just have to guess. :)

We had a good August -- lots of playtimes, outings, etc. It continued to be very hot so we were indoors a lot too. James finished up camp after the first week of August so we had to fill our time but we did so pretty well. Lots of playing with Rescue Heroes, swim classes, visits with Grandma and Grandpa. I did go away for a weekend with my college friends, which was wonderful - really relaxing and just plain old fun. I was the driver for our winery visits (we were staying in Wintergreen, near Charlottesville), which was fine with me!

Near the end of the month we headed up here to Connecticut - Greg stayed for the first weekend and then headed home. The boys and I stayed up here for a week of vacation at Grandma and Grandpa's. It has been fun (leaving tomorrow, Labor Day). We have been to the zoo and aquarium and the mall. And playing in the yard, shooting baskets, and watching some cable TV. :) I've managed to be very spoiled and had my hair and nails done, had two massages, and three chiro appointments. Greg came back up on Thursday night and so today is our last full day. It's gone very well, I know the boys have loved seeing G&G and their aunt and uncle and cousins (the girls are 10 and almost 13 and so sweet and helpful) and I've enjoyed some relaxation. Reality will hit this week when we get home and I have to again unload the dishwasher and do all the laundry and grocery shopping, etc. But it's been nice while we've been relaxing!!

September has begun well - preschool begins in a week. I have spoken with Nate's teacher - because of numbers and ages of kids, there are only 5 children in his class to begin the year (with 2 teachers). I am feeling really good about this as I think Nate will do better on his own in a smaller setting. More kids begin in October but hopefully by then Nate will have adjusted. Hoping James's teacher called while we were away so I can call her back on Tuesday.

This will be a busy week for us: two doctor's appointments on Tuesday (one for Nate, one for me), have to pick up our new end tables, and then have our "meet and greets" with the teachers at UCP. Plus, soccer begins for James on Saturday. And I have brunch with my friends on Sunday. Busy busy. Somewhere in the midst of this activity I plan to order the new nursery bedding and accessories and get the paint and paint the room. But this is a full month of Sept list - my goal is to have the baby clothes washed and put away and ready to go by early October so I can just let him grow and relax and then have him on or very near my due date. Because as my subject line says, I have just two months!!!

No comments: