Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday. I'm 36 years old. Holy Cow, how did that happen? I remember when I turned 18...very clearly. It hardly seems like 18 years have gone by since that spring of senior year of high school. While I am not going to experience quite the life change I experienced at 18 (going to college), I'm very happy about that. However, my baby will start kindergarten. So, via James, a different sort of life change/shift.

In any case, I feel very content to be 36. I don't have any grey hairs (even though I color my hair), I feel relatively fit for having a 5 month old, and I think my attitude about life is pretty good. Selfishness aside, I am also pretty darn lucky: a really good man by my side, three adorable children, a warm home, lovely friends, wonderful and loving families on both sides, and good health.

So I embrace you, 36. Let's see what you've got, okay? Giddyup.

p.s. Off to pop some champagne. :)

No comments: