Saturday, July 30, 2011

Two Months of Busy!

I keep on clicking on my blog and, instead of updating it, feeling guilty. So I just scooch over to the links of blogs, written by people who actually DO update theirs, and read them. So I am fully up to date on random strangers and friends. Who take the time to update their blogs. I would update mine, but somehow I just can't get to it. I am in awe of whoever can fit in blog updating to the list of endless preoccupations that we all share: multiple children care, house care, laundry, groceries, cooking, emailing, volunteering, vacation crap, planning for activities, going to activities, recovering from activities, exercise, pulling muscles, trying to diet, taking on a leadership position, cleaning, nursing, not showering, etc. etc. The list goes on and on. If I had my calendar in front of me, I'd go over what we've done the first month. But I feel like that wouldn't do the busy times their justice. Suffice it to say, we've been on the go with camps, the pool, seeing friends, day adventures, hanging at home, Nate giving up naps, Nate potty training/trained, James swim lessons, James swimming, Dylan crawling and pulling up, Dylan getting another bottom tooth and two top teeth (so now he has five teeth, it is very cute in a hill billy sort of way), a week at the beach, day trips to Baltimore (done) and the National Zoo (to do), dinners with friends, birthday parties, me playing soccer, running, thinking about singing, signing up for next year, freaking out about kindergarten, having lights installed all over the house (looks great!), thinking about getting a shed, thinking about moving, sitting down when thinking about moving, feeling broke, feeling not so broke.

My main goals this summer were:
James: learn to swim, learn to ride a bike
Nate: potty train, stop having surgeries
Dylan: sleep through the night
Me: lose more weight, exercise more.

James can now swim. It is glorious!!
He has no interest in the bike.

Nate: pretty much potty trained. Had an accident today but it was post-nap (he was dry when he woke up). I was getting Dylan down for nap so Nate just was un-focused. But he's about there, very proud, and things are good. :) He is giving up the nap hand in hand with potty training. Just like James. But it's okay! Works for me if he goes to bed early! :)

Dylan: Yeah, well. I need to let him Cry It Out. I'm just so tired at night I forget. But the truth is, he nurses but just wants his crib. So I take him back and he sleeps on beautifully. So I just need to suck it up some night and let him cry.

Me: Um, yeah. Some weeks I do weight watchers. Some I do not. Last week I did not. But I got to a soccer game and I got a run in. I've been really bad about working out the past two months because I pulled my hamstring - it totally sucked. I had to take a full three weeks off of doing ANYTHING. I'm better now. Hopefully I'll now stop pulling my Achilles tendon and can amp up the mileage again.

Sheesh. I am so positive about things, I swear. Lots of good things happening but just seems and feels overwhelming. I'm desperate to upload photos but I just want to go to bed.

Forgive me please? :)

No comments: