Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oh, my...it's been FOREVER.

Every day I come to my blog to see if someone has updated it. Unfortunately, my clone has been busy doing a million other things, so, that bee-otch, will now be fired.

Honestly, I come to my blog A LOT. But I come to it to go to the list of OTHER BLOGS that other people (some I know well, some complete strangers, some in between) write at more often than twice a year. So, yeah, I suck. I've said it before on Adventures, but I must truly be the worst blogger ever.

BUT.

Um, nope. I was going to make some statement about how all of that was going to change. BUT, I will not. Because I just don't have the energy to commit to yet another thing. At least my blog will never hate me or disappear (well, I'm not sure about the latter). So, my sweet blog, you are right now a placeholder and hopefully, one day, we will meet again on a more timely basis.

In the meantime, I'll try to think about the last six months and decide what I should write about. Per month, here's some exciting news:

April - I turned 37! Oh, that's not exciting. Just depressing. We celebrated Easter at Greg's sister's house and plugged along with lovely cool spring weather.

May - Nate finished his 3s class at preschool. James turned 6! Awesome Beyblade party!

June - James finished kindergarten, began swim lessons (and learned to swim!), both big boys had camps, and I joined the gym! Love it and Dylan loves the kidz klub (I'm spelling it like they do, I know it's incorrect).

July - We went on a cruise. It. Was. Awesome. We came home after being gone for what was apparently the hottest week EVER -- having survived no electricity for the weekend before we left (after the great Derecho of '12) our house was a/c free for a week and was MIND NUMBINGLY HOT when we returned. I guess I can't remember much else about July. Camps. Pool. Fun. Nate turned 4 with an awesome party with The Great Zucchini!

August - Camps, gym, short beach trip. And the most expensive freaking surgery for a cat - Monty had a bite wound gone bad. Surgery and trapped in recovery in my lovely guest room for almost the whole month. Then he needed follow up care, stitches removals, etc. Then Miss Jones got jealous and let a flea bit her and get infected. Now both cats are healthy and on meds. God, I hope this is it. Then our water heater died and had to be replaced. Then my brakes had to be replaced. Then we couildn't get out of a short beach trip. So, needless to say, we ran out of money and started eating the cabinets.

September - Blessedly, the beginning of school and better temps. Over the summer, James learned to swim and basically ride his bike. This is all exciting stuff! He is now in 1st grade doing Japanese Immersion. It's so cool! Nate has begun 4 morning preschool and continues speech therapy. Dylan continues to wake up before the crack of dawn, nurse A LOT, and generally act like a 2 year old even though he's just not quite 2 yet. We are having his language skills reviewed as well, but we don't think he has the hearing issues Nate had.

That's a basic rundown. I know I'm forgetting stuff. Greg is doing well, exercising and enjoying his work. He is on a new schedule and is home every other Friday to do yard work. Well, that's what it feels like right now. :) We have both big boys in soccer and so we're enjoying that. Well, actually, more like, James is in soccer and loves it. Nate won't play - won't even leave the sideline. Ah, someday.

I am enjoying the gym and the break and the workouts. Someday I will get organized enough to bring my stuff to shower there. Baby steps, baby steps.

Maybe I will get some photos posted soon. I will go ahead and pat myself on my back that I ordered PRINT PHOTOS from the past 9 months and put them in albums. Small victories!

Now I'm off to organize and clean boy clothes for selling/giveaways and practice music for an upcoming gig with a different band.

These are the good and busy days! Now just trying to get some more sleep would be nice...

No comments: