Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Day 4 and Counting

Today is the 4th day that I haven't nursed James. I thought I'd be more emotional about it (and believe me, I was very emotional a month ago when we cut out bedtime nursing). Now I feel okay about it - he doesn't seem to remember (that much) and I feel good about getting my body back to being MINE. It's been 25 months since I got pregnant with James and I've been feeding another person since then. So it's nice to be "me" again. I hope. Well, I still haven't lost all the weight - that could be the next step.

Otherwise, we've had a good day. Spent the late morning/lunchtime at my parents house, which was very nice - beautiful weather outside, so we hung outside for a while. I realized I'm probably allergic to grass (the outside ground coverage kind). I rolled down the hill to show James and my skin was covered with itchy red spots. Blech.

Since James' nap is later than usual (due to screaming versus nursing to sleep) we won't go anywhere else today, although it's gorgeous out. Maybe we'll play in the front yard a bit or hit the swing set for a bit of time before dinner. I'm off to force myself to lift weights. I wish I had something else to do but it will feel good to work out!

No comments: