I just had to write this down so I don't forget in the future. Last night James was asking to eat some deli turkey slices. So I gave him one after another as he kept on asking for "more". He would go into the living room to eat it while I was cleaning up the kitchen (Greg was stuck in traffic for two hours because of the ice). After 5 or 6 slices I finally figured out what was REALLY going on: James was feeding at least 1/2 of each slice to Monty (the cat)! No wonder Monty was being so friendly and sweet to James. :) I gave James one last slice and told him it was the last one. He was upset but got past it pretty quickly.
This seems to be his MO as of late: Getting really upset about something I say "no" to but being relatively easy to distract. The car seat has proved a challenge lately - James has been really against being strapped in, NO MATTER WHAT. Granted, we do not have a DVD player in the car (and we're holding off as long as possible) so that doesn't help. But when did DVD players get to be so relied on? Yesterday morning I got him distracted with his Mickey Mouse piano - he loves to play the keys and play the songs. Yesterday afternoon I distracted him with Samoas - yes, I admit it. I used sugar and chocolate. Sue me. I had to vote (IN THE ICY RAIN) and then get him back in the car to get to an event. At 17 weeks pregnant I do not have tons of room to complain, but there were moments I just wanted to cry.
Other than that, James is picking up new words every day. He doesn't speak a lot in public but he's very chatty at home. He also does a lot of sign language so he mixes the two together (favorite signs include "please", "baby", "all done", and "more"). His favorite mode of transportation is trotting - he doesn't really walk anywhere. I told Greg he is not allowed to encourage the new baby to crawl and walk as early as James - I need more time with just one kid mobile. :)
Our sonogram (20 weeks) is March 5. I am still of the mind set to not find out the sex, although Greg says he's going to look and guess. Whoever we end up with we will be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment