Friday, February 22, 2008

Mom of Boy(s)

Greg and I are expecting baby # 2 in July. We can find out the baby's sex on March 5. I'm not really sure what we're having - I don't have a clear cut idea. My instinct is saying boy, simply because we got a winner the first time around. :) In that case, I will be mom to two boys. Some days this makes me smile, some days it makes me a little down - I'm not saying I don't love my current boy, but a little more estrogen around here would be cool too (maybe I'll get a little girl dog?). If we do have two boys, I do know there are certain things about having boys that are wonderful:

1) James is incredibly active and high spirited and rough and tumble. He astounds me with his energy, as most boys do.
2) When I see James and Greg together, I get tears in my eyes from sheer joy. They have so much fun together. I love it.
3) James is a mama's boy. 'Nuff said.
4) I have the opportunity to raise a GOOD MAN. They are hard to find. I hope someday he is able to make a wonderful woman very happy.
5) James looks at me and smiles in a way I know is just for me.

No matter who has boys, girls, one of each, or more, I know we all love our children so much. I think about when he was born and placed in my arms. It was the most miraculous feeling of love, tenderness, and immediate bonding. He will always be my baby, no matter how big he gets. I am really lucky to be a mom.

No comments: