James turns 2 today! Actually, he was born at 3:19 p.m., so officially about 11 minutes ago. Yea! I can't believe he is 2, the time has flown by. We began his birthday celebration with a party of playgroup friends last Saturday - it was great! It was a monkey/Curious George theme. I will post photos soon. We opened his gifts the next morning - I then proceeded to hide half of them (he didn't even notice).
This week we prepped for James's birthday with him poking Greg in the eye, scratching Greg's cornea. Tuesday and Wednesday Greg didn't work and I drove him around to appointments and such. We bought James birthday gifts from us which I wrapped today. I then last night got two big balloons for James to wake up to today - one is a CARS balloon and the other says "Happy Birthday". He loves them.
For his birthday, we got him the CARS movie (none of us have seen it, we're all excited), a ride on tricycle/big wheel type thing, and a dump truck for the sand box. We spoil him. I will post birthday pictures soon, I think I will wait until after Saturday night. Greg's family will be in town for my baby shower and so that evening we will all gather here for yet another celebration for James....albeit this time with JUST family (mine too), some shrimp on the grill, corn on the cob, and cupcakes.
Today to cap off birthday celebrations, I took James for his 2 year portraits - they turned out SO cute. I will try to scan one in soon when I'm not prepping for stuff. I do plan to download and order hard copies of all the photos I've taken since Christmas so the camera is empty and available for final pregnancy and birth and new baby shots in July. Egads, only 7 weeks to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment