Thursday, July 10, 2008

Music Play

Yesterday (Weds) we had a good day - a playgroup in the morning and then a good nap and then a playdate in the late afternoon. We hit both Elizabeth's houses yesterday. On our way out of ET's house, James ran up the driveway into the cul de sac. I had a moment of sheer terror and tried to chase him (there was also a car coming out of a driveway across the way). After three steps, I felt my pelvis go ERK. Nothing "happened" but walking became incredibly painful at that point. I caught up to James, who just ran to my car - he ran around it so I could chase him. Yeah, that was fun. I got him in the car and tried to calm down. The pain continued and it was a bad night. Sleeping isn't even helping at this point as rolling over literally makes me gasp in pain. The sciatic nerve on my left side hurts really bad. I have tried not to complain, because I think overall I have easy pregnancies. But I'm just really at the point of wanting to meet this little guy and get some more control over my body. :)

Today, Thursday, was my Music Play debut. I've been in "training" since January - attending classes and absorbing and learning the flow and music for potentially teaching classes this fall. Heather, the director, has been great about encouraging me to sing in class, etc. I told her that I wanted to lead my own class at least once before this baby comes, and then I'd have the rest of the summer off before hopefully having a class this fall (while James is in school). So today was the day! I had a nightmare about it last night (after three songs everyone left and then I realized I was naked....hhmmm....), but, to be honest, it went great! I invited my Thursday morning playgroup, as we all took the class last summer, and my friend Jen from college (and her two boys). Heather also attended with her three. She very much took a participant role, which was good - I wanted to really pull off the Band Aid, so to speak, and do this on my own. I came up with a list of songs and matching instruments (scarves, bean bags, sticks, etc.) and it went well. I'll fully admit that I was "shvetting" like a pig -- too pregnant to walk/run/skip around the room and keep up positive energy for 30 minutes for 10 2 year olds. But it was great! I was worried that James would be clingy as he has been this spring, but, lo and behold, he surprised me. He played, interacted with others, and did really well so that I could concentrate on the music/flow. In the end, it was a good confidence booster.

Afterwards we played outside on the playground for a while - James threw pebbles, not so great. Then Jen and her boys came over for more playtime and lunch. James was exhausted so he went down at 1:30 for nap. I heard him calling out for me at 3:45. I was, of course, in bed. I'd taken a lukewarm bath to try and feel better "down there" and then promptly fell asleep. Getting out of a bath tub at 9 months pregnant....now that's a pretty picture.

James and I are now relaxing. Greg will be home late but not super late. Then I'm off to cooking club. I figure I need to get out now before the baby comes, so I have tonight, then Saturday is my reunion and then Tuesday is my MOMS Club banquet. I hope to make it through the weekend so I can sleep a lot.

Oh, and James has now worn his new "Cars" t-shirt two days in a row. I need to put it in the hamper tonight so we don't have it on again tomorrow. I should have bought all three - a total bargain for a very happy little boy.

Oh, and another thing from yesterday: The Great White Hunter (aka Monty) caught a bird and ATE HIM ON OUR BACK DECK. YUCK. I came out after bath time to close the curtain so I wouldn't have to see it (until Greg cleaned it up) and all there was left was a pile of feathers and what looked to be, a-hem, an eye ball already covered with ants. YUCK. We really do live out in the suburbs here. Greg and I have no idea what happened to the bones -- Greg said that obviously we don't give Monty enough protein. Blech! I made Greg take him directly downstairs and put him in the mud room for the night. I heard nothing from him - obviously his "big dinner" exhausted him so he slept well.

Gotta go! The prince calls.

No comments: