Nothing too crazy happened today, although it was a good day. We went over to my parents house in the morning because I had to do grocery shopping. No, not at their house, but at a store where my mom could help keep James company as I shopped. I could do it on my own, but it's getting more tiring to do normal stuff. I say that, and of course, before we left at 10:15 for my folks house, I managed to:
- make all three beds (I'm sleeping downstairs as it's colder and oh, I snore)
- unload and re-load the dishwasher
- make James's breakfast
- iron Greg's pants for work
- do two loads of laundry
- shower
- clean up the living room and James's bedroom from morning play
- drink two cups of coffee in sleep-deprived stupor while watching "Curious George".
I'd like to point out that James then only watched part of "Dragon Tales" as I showered and got ready to go. :) He actually got up and turned the TV off - it was awesome. Anyway, after I showered and did not wash my hair (it felt fine and it's only been two days), I remembered my goal to wash my hair every other day just in case we head to the hospital. I know, vain and self-centered. BUT, I'd rather not have greasy hair while in labor, potentially sweating, etc.
Anyway, James played very nicely by himself and with me today. He's gotten obsessed with bats and balls and throwing balls high up in the air. You can find James and Greg out back in the evening throwing balls high up - James always asks for "up high". It's a nice game they can play. We do not play it as much inside, for obvious reasons. Anyway, James played cars and balls and bat and train table while I did all the above-mentioned chores. My goal tonight is to clean the upstairs bathroom and dust - I'd really like the house as clean as possible for my mini "vacation" to the hospital, happening shortly. I know, it's ridiculous - I mean, I'm not a professional cleaner. But, still, it will make me feel good. I did the stairs last night with Resolve and the dust buster and it lifted my spirits a lot.
So we went to my folks house, and Mom hopped in the car. We hit Shoppers, where I normally don't go - the produce seems to go bad immediately. I bought good looking stuff though (good looking produce, hhhmm....), and hope it lasts through the weekend. It should. While I do love grocery shopping....okay, wait. I USED to love grocery shopping. Then I had a toddler. And I go all the freaking time. So it's not a favorite activity anymore.
We swung by the post office afterwards to mail a baby outfit to friends in Chicago who just had a 10.5 pound baby boy! Yikes! I bought him a summer outfit but sized 3-6 months, figuring he'll wear it soon. Then we went to my parents and played trains and balls, etc. My dad is home all week on a home vacation so we all hung out and then had lunch. James took one bite of the egg salad sandwich and promptly spit it out. His lunch then consisted of grapes, potato chips, and, oh, a cookie. Granted, he'd had a bagel at home for breakfast and then a good amount of cheese before we left. My parents were a little taken aback but they know that Slim Jim has always been like this.
We left at 1:30 and luckily James was awake for all the construction vehicles on 66 - lots of excavators, diggers, dump trucks, etc. It cracks me up that I know all of these now. I guess it's good we have another boy arriving soon. I am an expert and will happily share this knowledge with another son. James fell asleep about 8 minutes from home....I look at the clock because I realize that anything over 15-20 minutes will cause for a bad or non-existent transition. I got him home and got him inside with no trouble - yea!! He slept on until 4 p.m.
I got all the groceries inside, did some email, and then tried to sleep, but to no avail. I'm in energy mode. So I did some more laundry and basically waited for James's wake up. We then headed to Ashburn to visit Cary and her sons Ryan and Jackson. James watched "Cars" on the way out, which was a nice wake up for him. We got there at 4:30 and played until 6. The boys played incredibly well together - there wasn't one tug, push, or tear. It was awesome.
James and I then swung by Potbelly on the way home and treated ourselves to dinner. A PB&J for James, a Wreck for me, an Oreo shake for me (!) and a cookie for James. So not a well rounded dinner but who cares. Greg is at softball in Germantown so we were in no rush to get home.
We are now, obviously, home, and watching the end of "Cars". Our new sleep schedule seems to be working well so far. Greg got James up at 7 a.m. when his alarm went off and the two of them came downstairs to get me up. Nap was almost on time, at 1:45 p.m. Now it's 7:27 p.m. and I plan for bedtime between 8 and 8:30. No bath tonight, so we can finish the movie, get changed and play some cars or trains or whatever, and then do stories/bed. I think more Ibuprofen is in order as James really is chewing on his fingers today. Poor kid. But if he continues to sleep through the night with no wake ups, and to take naps, then I'm happy.
Tomorrow is my weekly check up and James is coming with me - ridiculous? I'm a little nervous but only for the part where I'm on the table and being checked. Hopefully he will be okay. Okay, maybe I should drop him off with a friend. I might send out a plaintive email momentarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment