Friday, September 12, 2008

Colds

Above: a sweet photo of Nate sleeping. Sigh. Just makes you want to cuddle him!!

I just hate having a cold. Hate it. It's mainly because I NEVER get them. So when I do (every 1-2 years) I just hate being indisposed and feeling yucky. Or maybe it's allergies. Regardless, I'm at the tail end where I just have some congestion. But it sucks. Nate's on his second cold of his short life and is STILL congested. So every night I have to get up at least twice to put saline in his nose and calm him down. Ugh. I hope this passes soon so we can get back to decent crib sleeping. Anyway....
On Wednesday I decided it was best for us to skip playgroup in the morning, just in case I was contagious. I had been on the antibiotics for my finger infection for less than 24 hours too, so that was another factor. So we hung out at home and James and I did artwork in the morning. Plus sticker play. The artwork is now all hanging from our dining room ceiling. I asked James if he'd like me ot tape the pages up on the wall and he said "Up high" and pointed to the ceiling. Well, it is an area of the room that isn't used to its full potential folks. So we're enjoying our new ceiling decorations. Greg suggested we come to lunch with him as an excuse to get out of the house. So we did just that. James was super well behaved and Nate played in the Bjorn on me and then nursed and slept. It went very well.
That night I went to cooking club and took my party meatballs. They are so easy and simple that it's embarrassing. But they are yummy and technically fit the "tailgate" theme. It was great to see friendly faces and to get out of the house. Apparently Nate did take the bottle from Greg and drank two ounces, which is encouraging! He was up late (Nate, that is, I guess I should name the male as there are three to keep track of) so he slept well that night.
Yesterday was James's second day of preschool, which went very well again. Nate and I hit Michael's (the store, no, I do not know a Michael in the area) and spent way too much money on stuff for his scrapbook and gifts for a friend. Then we got some food at Whole Foods for the preschool family picnic that night.
After preschool we came home and Elizabeth, Matthew and David came over for some playtime. Very fun! We had lunch and then good naps and then we went to Frying Pan Park with Elizabeth, Tyler and the twins (Connor and Hayden). James and Tyler were very cute together and they enjoyed the playground time. Then we headed to the preschool and Greg met us there. More fun was had and James kept saying "I play big boys". He was chasing the big boys around, kind of scary for us! Greg got to see his classroom.
Today we have Wee Play class with lots of friends which will be fun. Then I think we'll hit Target for a white noise machine for Nate. Then the weekend. No real plans since Nate and I are still a bit under the weather. That's cool, I don't mind a weekend at home. Next weekend we hope to go up to MD to see our nephew's football game and then hit the Frederick Fair. That will be very fun for the boys!!

ate

No comments: