Friday, September 5, 2008

Past Week

Past week has been good. Synopsis below:
Weekend: Saturday we went to Annapolis and enjoyed lunch at Mollie and Steve's. Love them, wish we lived closer. James loved playing with Chef. He fell asleep on the way home, but it was a short nap. Nice evening though. :) Sunday we did stuff at home, I went for another jog, and then went to Evan's birthday party. Saw playgroup friends and James played a lot - nice party and we all enjoyed ourselves. Monday we hung out at home and then went to dinner at my parents house. It was very nice.

Tuesday: We went to Vienna Meadowlane Park with Elizabeth and her sons Matthew and David. Awesome park, James loved it. He was up early so was sort of subdued. Got to our car to come home and. Well, that was it, it wouldn't start. Many phone calls to Greg later it finally started. Who knows why or what happened but I basically almost lost my shit and was nearly crying. Nate really did cry. I could tell it affected him deeply. Thankfully James fell asleep in the car and slept from 12:30-4:00 p.m.

Wednesday: Our Friday playgroup is now meeting on Wednesday so I guess it's now our Weds group. We went to Elizabeth's for fun times. James and Matthew had some scuffles but in general it was fine and James was decently behaved. Texas sheet cake = yummy chocolate fun. Thanks Elizabeth! We then met Barbara here at home and went to lunch at the deli. Great bagel sandwiches. Yeah, the diet is going SO well. We enjoyed a lovely meal from Jill - yum!

Thursday: We had our meet and greet at James's preschool, which went well. He hardly noticed that I was there, which is a good sign. He starts next Monday - egads! We then went to our Thursday playgroup at Melissa's, which was fun. I hadn't seen Khuong and Jane since before Nate was born so that was awesome to catch up. Then headed home. Nate seemed to get past his fussiness from Weds (I didn't mention it, no need, it was awful) and took a great nap in his crib. Greg got home and I went for a jog and pushed James in the jogging stroller. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be although it was 90 degrees outside. We then enjoyed a delicious meal from Leslie.

Friday: Today is described in two posts below. Suffice it to say, I think Nate is now awake but I am still eating dessert.

Hope it's a good weekend. We have a birthday party tomorrow and then seeing old friends on Sunday.

No comments: