Wednesday, October 15, 2008

5:30 a.m.

Nate decided that today he would like to be an early riser. He's currently playing in his bouncy chair, incredibly happy. Last night he wanted a nap at 6:30 p.m., which is normally fine. But when he woke up Greg cuddled him and he slept on and then went back to sleep pretty easily (normally I try to keep him up for at least an hour). So, hence, 5:30 a.m. today. Ugh. Considering he got congested AGAIN (I hope this eases up) he's in a great mood. So that's nice to see. I'm not in a terrible mood (I'm a morning person) but tonight is cooking club so I hope I can keep my eyes open for a bit.

James is nearing the end of this cold - how frustrating for all of us that he's gotten so many recently. Bad timing! Yesterday was his flu shot - which he handled very well. After we left the doctor, we went to Giant to return some things and pick up random stuff (milk, q-tips, etc.) and James got a cookie. He chose the special spider cookie, which had black frosting on it. Ew. It was all over his face and teeth. But at least he forgot the shot!

The worst part about going to get his flu shot was that I had wake both boys from naps in their beds. NEVER DO THIS AGAIN, note to self. Mommy time is too precious.

I'd better sign off, as Nate is losing his happy place.

No comments: