I figured that rising at 5:30 a.m. yesterday might throw Nate off. I was right! I put him down for a nap at 5:45 p.m., hoping he'd be up before I went to cooking club. He wasn't but I figured soon after. Well, I got home at 9:30 and he STILL wasn't up. How convenient for me. He woke up soon after 10 (I am happy with a 4 hour sleep but it wasn't when I was sleeping!) and easily nursed back to bed.
So here we are. Up at 4:30. Just like I predicted. This sucks. So that means this evening, I'm going to have to wake the kid up after his evening nap and try to get him back on a normal schedule. Sigh.
The funny thing is that he's super happy right now - kicking and smiling in his bouncy chair. Oh to be young and chipper!
On another note, when I was holding him at 10 p.m. after nursing he just stared and stared at me...and smiled such sweet smiles. I just held him a little closer. I realize this time of sleeplessness is really short in the grand timeline of my life. Someday my kids will sleep late and be embarrassed by me and won't let me kiss them. So I am trying to take advantage of my cuddles and sweet smiles and closeness as much as I can.
This is helped by coffee. Lots of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment