Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Weekend in Connecticut

We headed up to CT this past weekend for a family weekend with the Z clan. It was great. We went up Thursday once James got out of school. We re-arranged the car so I sat in the way back next to Nate and James was in the middle - no seat next to him. So I could move around (if needed) and keep the boys happy, while Greg drove. It worked out well. James enjoyed two viewings of Monsters, Inc. (I felt like a flight attendant on business class getting him stuff as he enjoyed his in-flight movie(s)) and Nate only screamed off and on. :) Success! We did stop three times but all in all 7 hours is good. We hit NYC and the GW bridge at 5:15. Dumb. But once we got through there it was fine.

We all slept in the same room. I won't see it was great sleep but I'm not getting that these days anyway. Nate is still congested but we now think that dry weather plus a potential tooth isn't helping the situation (by the way, he is 3 months old...what?!). Otherwise, it was a good trip.

On Friday Greg got up super early and went to a race track with his brother and dad. The guys had a good time all day. I hung out with my MIL and the boys as well as our nieces. I also got an adjustment from my SIL Bonnie, who is a chiropractor in their town. On Saturday we went to breakfast and then visited with Greg's sister and her new baby, our niece Zoya, who is just a month older than Nate. It was so fun to see all the grandkids together. James ADORES Emma and Samantha, who just lavish him with attention. It's SO nice. That night we also enjoyed more family time and dinner at the house.

Also on Saturday, James enjoyed driving around the yard in Tata's golf cart. He kept on repeating "We have work to do" which is what Tata wrote in his letter to James (which reminds me I really need to frame it and hang it up on James's wall as it's really special. James really adores his two grandpas and always asks about them. In any case, James steered the golf cart all around the yard, it was hilarious. I got some good photos. I got a chance to ride in it and it was so fun to go down the big hill in the yard. I still haven't ridden in Tata's new Corvette...hhhmmm....I bet James will before I do!!

On Sunday Greg's dad and I did the 5k as did Greg's sister (Steph) and our nieces - the three gals dressed up as cats and were super cute. Greg's dad bested me by a good 3 minutes - it was just not my day. Maybe the travel or exhaustion. In any case, I did finish the 5k under 30 minutes, which is my current goal but I had to walk up the two tough hills. Oh, well. Things can only get better from here, right? I am considering doing the Jingle Run downtown in December - it's a 10k....think I can do it?

As always, I will try to post photos when I finally download them. The photos of the two babies are just priceless. Trying to get them both to smile is exhausting for us moms!

We drove home on Sunday after lunch at Bonnie and Mike's (Greg's brother and our SIL). We didn't leave until 4 and got home at 10. Not too bad, considering.

The drive up and back was glorious with the changing leaves, beautiful sunsets and just the glories of New England. Connecticut is truly gorgeous. My in-laws have an amazing plot of land that sits on a point - the changing leaves were just so beautiful. The sunsets were this amazing shade of pink. It was so beautiful. I just should have taken more photos!!

No comments: