We missed my moms group's Trunk or Treat (read about it at a few other blogs that I'm linked to) which was a bummer. It sounded awesome! But we had a nice weekend away. :) In any case, Halloween is now apparently a week-long event. Or a month long! We started the month at a pumpkin patch up in MD with my brother, Jen and the boys. We will carve that pumpkin this week - not a moment too soon, as the squirrels have been enjoying it already!
Last night we hosted our first Halloween gathering with my Thursday/former Music Play friends - it was great! I made ham biscuits and everyone brought things: pea salad, "mummy dogs", pasta salad, spider cookies, etc. The kids were supposed to be dressed up but James had had enough of his costume (I forgot to mention that the boys wore their costumes for the CT 5k, which had a lot of costumes - prizes for best costumes and such). So I didn't force it. Nate wore his Halloween sleeper. :) I didn't take photos but it was a good gathering. Thanks to all the moms and kids who came!
Tomorrow we have our Weds playgroup party (costumes optional, I will try to take photos), then we have James's school class party on Thursday, then I'm sure Wee Play on Friday will be Halloween-themed. Then Friday night is Halloween officially! Wow! This weekend we are on board for a few visits to MD - Mollie and Steve's on Saturday night for their Hawaii party, then a visit to Susan and her twins on Sunday morning, then dinner at Shannan and Dave's on Sunday night. All these friends live in MD - we don't see them too often with our busy schedules so we are all excited. I will report on our subsequent Halloween parties. :) You can see photos at Melissa's blog (Boy Meets World). James LOVED seeing his buddies Owen, Jackson, Logan, Marley and Dylan.
No comments:
Post a Comment