Halloween is more of a week-long celebration these days. Since we missed the Trunk and Treat, it felt okay to have multiple other Halloween celebrations though. :) On Thursday, James's school had Halloween parties. James's class all dressed up and did a parade while the parents snapped photos and waved. James looked terrified. I'm not sure why as he loves school. Okay, not terrified, just more overwhelmed. No smiles and he didn't sing along with the fun and cute songs afterwards. At least he wasn't crying like some of the other kids. :) He was much better once he could take off his costume and work on a puzzle. It is SO cute to see his class come in. The two year olds hold on to a long ribbon to go to the playground and held on to the same one to do their parade. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to cry because James looked so grown up or because he looked so little. Either way, I felt like cuddling my sweet boy and so I did. :)
After leaving preschool, Nate and I (oh, Nate was in his fireman costume the entire time as well!) went to Megan and her daughter Abby's house for a Halloween playdate. Megan had crafts for the kids (I brought them home and James and I did them later that day) which she said shows off the former teacher in her - they were all prepped and very neatly set up. I was impressed and would have liked being in her 3rd grade classroom. But I digress. I caught up with Megan and Jackie and met Megan's friend Nikki - a bunch of kids and all in costume. Plus cookies and crafts. Hey, a fun morning.
We sped back from Centreville to preschool to join James's class for their special Halloween treat: orange Rice Krispy treat pumpkins with green licorice stems. So cute! The kids were supposed to be putting mini m&m's and other candies on the icing on the pumpkins, but were instead mainly eating the candy directly. Sigh. I was 5 minutes late but was the last parent there. Oops. A little guilty but I got over it when I showed James the fun crafts I'd prepped for him for later in the day. Ssshhh...he doesn't need to know where they came from. :)
Nate was such a trooper for the entire morning. As I should have expected, he napped basically from 2 to 5 in the afternoon (some with me and some in the crib) so James and I had a good hour of crafts, putting on Halloween tattoos, and bath time playing with foam dinosaurs until Nate woke up. I feel like my attention span for James is short these days, as is my patience, so times like these when we are one on one are wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment