Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Good Week

It's been a while since I posted, so here's a re-cap of our excitement! :)

Last weekend was good - on Saturday Greg and James raked a LOT while I did stuff around the house and went grocery shopping with Nate. I then went for a nice run during James's nap. That evening we went to my parents house for dinner and to see my dad in a performance of "Twelve Angry Men". He was very good!

On Sunday we got photos of the four grandsons taken and then Greg and James went to swim class. Nate and I went to Whole Foods with my brother, Jen and the boys and saw Emeril there! We got interviewed for his new show on Planet Green. Very cool. He's shorter than me, has a nice handshake and seemed very much like his television persona.

Nate and I then hit Costco and we came home. Greg continued to rake and when James wouldn't nap he went back outside to be with Greg. Nate and I walked up to Lucia's to get pizza dough and then I made pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. Tom and Mary came over for homemade pizza dinner - very fun. I have to thank Shannan and Dave from last weekend for the idea (I never wrote about last weekend but it was VERY busy - I made three separate but very fun trips to Maryland for social activities! Wheh!!).

This week thus far, besides the non-naps, has been good. Monday was preschool and then an impromptu playdate at Ali's. Yesterday I got the oil changed in the minivan and then we hit Costco again. We then had a fun playdate with Beth and Christina (James and Christina laughed and laughed playing with Tigger, it was really sweet to see). And today we had our regular Weds playgroup at Laura's and then an after non-nap playdate at Lauren and Luke's (and baby Max, of course). Traffic on the way home was terrible as there was an awful looking accident near our house. James fell asleep on the way home, mid-way through eating a cookie. Nate screamed the entire way. I called Greg and he had the wine open for me when I got in.

Tomorrow we have preschool and I'm dropping off a meal for the teachers' workday lunch. Tomorrow night is cooking club - the theme is pastry dough. I'm making Herbed Mushroom Rolls. And on Friday is our last Wee Play class. Then the weekend looks quiet (more leaf raking) plus a fun dinner planned with Paula, Howard and Kaelin. Looking forward to seeing Paula's pregnant belly. :) On Sunday we are going to my parents house to do laundry - I ordered a part for our washer but according to Sears (today over the phone) the order was never received. I'm almost out of underwear. This is not good. So in true college fashion, I'm taking all our laundry to my mom and dad's on Sunday. However, I will actually do all the washing myself. Promise!

No comments: