There. I said it. My hair has looked bad all week. I just haven't had the energy to blow it straight and then straighten it - plus the weather hasn't been cooperating with my full, big, curly mop. So when my hair looks bad, well, I feel bad. And frumpy. And chubby. To add insult to injury, our washer is on the fritz so I'm wearing the same clothes over and over (pray that the part arrives on time on Tuesday and that Greg can install it). So there it is. Not my best looking week. And to complain one final time, I have no self-discipline and have been eating way too much. Okay, that's enough.
Highlights:
1) Nate has been sleeping longer stretches at night. Yippee! Up to 6 hours some nights. We are thrilled.
2) James's language skills are growing by leaps and bounds. Longer and more complex sentences. It's great.
3) We've been saying good night to our friends and family every night so to mix it up we are now saying good night to....oh, just about anything. Including mac & cheese, helicopters, and other such nonsense. James thinks it's hilarious. We take turns and I think it's a good exercise in having him think of new things to say.
4) James has called water "awa" and "wawa" for at least a year now. Recently I decided to start gently correcting him and it's been working. Of course, he then yells "WA-TER" when he gets it right.
5) Nate has been a smiling fool lately. It's lovely. The other night we tried a new squash for dinner called a Sweet Dumpling. I've decided that should be Nate's nickname. He really is sweet and such a little roly poly. Luckily he carries his weight well. :) And has a nice, average sized head, so he doesn't look dis-proportioned. Man, I have cute boys.
Lowlights:
1) James's behavior. It's been tough these days with him pushing his limits. He INSISTS on doing things himself, like turning on lights, opening the fridge, etc. He MUST hold a water cup ("WA-TER") that I pour water in. So when we do things to get them done or rather, done more quickly, James flips out. Starts fake crying and saying "I want to do it". So everything must be un-done. Sometimes we just ignore him but that just sucks too.
2) Did I mention my hair?
3) I'm tired of it being dark so early. And the time change JUST happened.
So I'll try to move past the lowlights with positive energy and reinforcement. Some weeks are just better than others. Oh, just for historical purposes, we had the election this week and Obama won. I am not an ardent political person. I am, however, cynical. I will let it go at that. As long as my life doesn't change for the worse and we get our retirement money back, then I don't give a rat's a**. I would like, however, a better hair week, so I'm looking ahead to next week. And maybe a haircut one of these days.
2 comments:
We've got the same independence issues here - the turning on and off of lights is HUGE with Daniel, and now he has started putting on his own shoes while we patiently wait...
At least with it being dark when we get home I have gotten him off the kick of needing to open and close the mailbox door. (I have told him Daddy has to do it now when he gets home.) It does seem like it is dark SO early now; my theory on why it seems worse than usual is that since the DST switch got pushed later into fall we don't ease into it like it seems we used to.
Ok I'm not sure how much this will mean because, as you know, I couldn't really SEE this morning, but I thought you looked good!!! LOL. Just kidding...I could see the last half of class :)
Post a Comment