Thursday, December 18, 2008

I so lied...

I thought I'd share our upcoming Christmas plans so you can all begin praying for me.

First, things aren't starting off in a great way. I am getting 4 fillings done on Monday morning. OY. I think that alone allows me to eat whatever I want for lunch, don't you?

We then leave from here and drive to NJ to pick up my SIL and niece. That part will be fun. :)

We then continue up to CT. Pray that we don't hit NYC during rush hour, but we probably will. Whenever we cross the George Washington Bridge I think someone is either going to, 1) blow it up; 2) jump off of it; 3) an airplane is going to crash into it. The chances of any of these happening are slim to none but a girl's imagination is sometimes nuts.

In any case, we arrive in CT sometime Monday evening. I'm hoping neither baby loses it. James will rot his brain on multiple viewings of "Madagascar" or "Monsters Inc.". I don't care.

Apparently it might be a full house this year. This is fine. But it gives me absolutely no chance of privacy, sleep, time away, or breathing room. I think for Christmas I'd like to start asking for the gift of time. Time for ME. :) Christmas Eve is the big deal up there, so we'll enjoy that and Christmas Day. Then come back on Saturday. Yes, 5 days. If I'm losing it maybe we'll come home early. I really DO enjoy visiting, but now with 2 kids and all of us in one bedroom, well, it's just not easy or restful. I adore my MIL but whenever she asks me (and she does this, every day) how I've slept, I just don't lie anymore. "Not so well" is the answer. I can't help it. I'm not going to pretend anymore!

So no bah humbugs here, all is well. Just have to wrap a few gifts and pack and we're ready to go!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Kelly and Steve said...

God bless you! I put the hiatus on holiday travel this year. My mom and sis are coming here Christmas Eve. This will be the first time in 8 years that Steve and I have spent Christmas at home. I'll be thinking about you!