Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter




I totally forgot to write about Easter! We went to New Jersey for the 4th year to spend Easter with Greg's sister and her family. In the middle photo her daughter Zoya (same age as Nate) is pictured with her boy cousins and Grandma. Let's just say she was a tiny bit overwhelmed by her the boys! :) We got up there on Friday around 4, and then went to dinner. The kids all did very well. Sleeping was so-so. Luckily, Zoya went in and slept in Steph and Vince's room so Nate could have the crib. James slept on a toddler bed air mattress on the floor of the room we were in. When Nate woke up he joined us. So it worked out well. We can all sleep in the same room but it's the going to sleep that's the issue. Nate needs quiet and boob. James needs stories and to be alone.
On Saturday we hung out. It was rainy and cold but I had committed to running. So luckily my wonderful father in law went out with me. He usually runs 3-4 miles (but at an 8:30 pace!) 3-4 times a week. So he slowed down and did 10 minute miles with me for 4 miles, then I continued on. My goal was 9 miles. My lovely FIL drove around and gave me water every mile or so. It was so nice of him to help me out, esp. because I didn't know my way around Steph's neighborhood! In the end, I felt really strong and ran a 10th mile. My total time was 1:36 - wow!!
We then hung out and Nate took a fabulous nap, then we went to dinner. The next morning, Easter, I went to church with Greg's parents and then we had a meal around 1. We headed home at 4, arriving at 7 - pretty good considering.
So it was a nice weekend, always nice to visit with Greg's family. It was a smaller crowd this year but that was perfectly fine with me. Less hectic, quieter, etc.
Happy Easter!

No comments: