The past week has been nuts -- much busier than I anticipated. I'm glad it's over in a way, although it's gone quickly.
Last Friday I developed a horrible occular (ocular?) migraine. It was so bad that I couldn't see peripherally from my left eye and was in awful/nauseous/sick pain. Greg had to come home. I spent the day in bed. I wish it were as leisurely as it sounds. In any case, I was better in time for my in-laws arrival for the baptism weekend.
Friday night we ordered in food and just relaxed. Saturday we spent hours trying to decide what to do. In the end, we went to lunch. And then a few hours later, to dinner. It was fun, but busy, and exhausting. Nate was up for each day before 6. Yikes.
Sunday was the baptism and luncheon - both were very lovely and smooth and wonderful. Nate was a trooper, although sleepy, poor baby. He liked the priest a lot though and gave him lots of nice smiles.
Monday was preschool and then Nate and I drove Uncle Michael to the airport. That evening I had rehearsal in Bethesda.
Tuesday night was my gig at Jammin Java. It went very well although I was exhausted. The day had been busy: a playdate that morning, then lunch out, then Tumbles class, then groceries, etc. Thankfully everyone napped so I could look decent for the night!
Wednesday was playgroup and then I got in a short jog that night. Finally! I couldn't run with my father in law when he was here as I still didn't feel good from my migraine. Ugh. Anyway, got a short but quick but good run in.
Thursday was preschool and Nate took a great morning nap. Yea! I got a lot done around the house, although these days it takes me for-EVER to get any laundry done. Like all week. I hate it.
Thursday afternoon I subbed and taught Music Play class - Heather's kids were sick. So we all did that. Poor Nate had to be woken from his nap to get there.
And now, Friday - I subbed for this morning's Music Play class as well, and then picked up lunch. Then Megan and Abby came over for a late playdate and stayed for dinner. Greg was working late and Megan's husband was at the baseball game. So it was a win-win for all of us.
It doesn't sound like a lot, but, add in two kids, one who doesn't nap, laundry, cooking, cleaning, bills paying, cat corralling, dishes and general peacemaker, breastfeeder, driver, and everything else that goes into being a mom, and I'm...
EXHAUSTED.
Off to write some thank you notes and hit the hay. Happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment