Saturday, July 18, 2009

Checking My List...Nate is almost 1!

Some fun photos. James somehow got into the top part of his closet and pulled out his firefighter costume from Halloween. I think I need to get him more dress up clothes...and then Nate got a hold of the hat.

Nate fell on the sidewalk and got a big goose egg at playgroup on Wednesday. Here he is that afternoon with the band aid on. And then the next morning with the band aid off.
So, I've done the following, with a week to spare:

- Ordered a moonbounce (6 and younger only please, sorry folks).

- Put together gift bags with coordinating ribbon (to match the invitation).
- Ordered a personalized shirt for Nate with gingham fabric on the "1" to match the invitation and above-referenced gift bags.
- Put together gifts for grown up, child-free couples and little books for the babies in attendance (who will not benefit from playing with balls, stickers, candy, play dough).

- Coordinated borrowing crock pots from various friends to cook food for the party.

- Washed the sheets and comforter in the guest room for my in-laws. The sheets because that's the nice/proper thing to do. The comforter because we accidentally left Miss Jones in the guest room overnight with the door shut. And the poor thing held it as long as she could. Suffice it to say, there was a pile of cat poop on the comforter. Therefore, I thought it was the nice/proper thing to do to wash the comforter as well.

- Purchased plates, table cloths, a "Happy Birthday" sign, and napkins.

- Ordered balloons.

- Researched cake options. Have decided that while homemade cakes with real buttercream are fabulous, I can't be shelling out $150 for a 1 year old's birthday cake. Nate, I do love you, but I have my limits. It might be a Giant cake. With fun icing balloons.

- Updated Nate's baby book up through "walking". I've decided that scrapbooking isn't my most amazing gift. But the book is basically done. Go me.

- Scheduled a photo session for Nate's actual birthday, the 24th. Hopefully the goose egg on his forehead (from a stumble earlier this week) will fade, and his teeth will be in more evenly.

- Made a dvd with photos of Nate's first year of life.

- Went today to get Nate's birthday presents. We aren't going crazy because we have so much stuff and he just really wants to play with, in this order, A) Balls, B) Cars, and C) Anything James has. So we got him a Little People House and some balls. And new jammies and a cute fall outfit. I also plan to sign him up for a class for this fall one morning when James is in school, so we can have some fun one on one time.

- Have decided that I'm a little mad.

- Have further decided that I either have too much free time or am just way too Type A.

And the most important detail (besides hoping to not gross out our guests with my disgusting toes so a pedicure and possibly a new outfit because I'm incredibly vain but still too big for my old clothes) is that Nate. Is. Sleeping. Better.

I dare not speak the words for they are sacred. But, know this. We are doing better. If a week passes and I feel more confident that I won't ruin our recent success, I will share our news.

Until then, revel in my incredibly insane, very over the top, Type A, OCD, and silly details for Nate's birthday. And know that I do it all out of love. I show my love through lists. I love my baby a LOT.
But also be very, very glad you do not have to walk around with my brain, which never shuts off and drives me crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you can't fit into your old clothes? Because I swear I have never seen you thinner and you loow beautiful! Not buttering up for a gingham invite, just telling you how I see it:)

Anonymous said...

look, not loow. and not buttering YOU up...

Aargh. Must re-read what I type!