Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ponderings

Sometimes I go through the days thinking about how I can one up myself with my Facebook status updates. Never did I think I'd think about this as often as I do. But sometimes things happen, I think, "Wow, that would be funny!" and then automatically forget what it was. Today, I can think of nothing interesting or funny to post on Facebook. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but, the status update update is not exactly the place for what I'd like to post. So I'll do it here, in private.

1) I am so sick of the people who post anti-circumcision rants on Facebook. They have their right to an opinion, sure. But the two people (moms) in particular who annoy me DO NOT HAVE SONS. Yes, they only have daughters. When one of your girls grows a penis, I'll be sure to throw you a party. In the meantime, I wish they'd shut it. Otherwise, I'm going to get on a really big soapbox about Gardasil and teenage girls' chances for cervical cancer.

2) I have decided that I can't continue singing in my a cappella group and have three kids. It's just too much of a time commitment for me plus I'll be too busy in my cocoon of a world out here to do much else besides mother. But last night's rehearsal reminded me, yet again, that this is okay. a) We are not improving as a group. 2) People in the group (not all, just some) drive me crazy. iii) You cannot rise up with mediocre talent. Sorry to be all sorts of not nice, but that's the truth.

3) If I get asked one more time, "So, are you hoping for a girl?" or, am told, "I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that it's a girl", I might scream. I have my diplomatic smile in place and say something like, "Well, we'll find out soon". But seriously, a) Is this an appropriate question to ask me? and 2) I have no control over this and if it's another boy, well, geez, I'll guess I'll just have to love him. Yes, I'll put it out there that I'd love to have a daughter. But in the grand scheme of life, there will be no less awesomeness in my life if I have another boy. What's done is done and I'm just really happy that everything is progressing well. I'm mainly excited to start drinking coffee again in a week.

4) I'm watching a commercial for Nutri-System and I think that Marie Osmond is wearing a massive wig.

5) James is at his friend's house while Nate is here sleeping. I was feeling better so I ordered lunch. And it was very tasty. Just hoping it doesn't came back and haunt me later.

6) I've been waking up feeling fine but the nausea seems to creep in later in the day. And then when I eat, it just sort of sits there and I have indigestion. I have at least one whitehead on my face all the time. I'm still wearing my regular clothes - right now I just feel sort of fat all over.

7) The sun is out!

8) My hair is a ridiculous mess for a 35 year old woman. Must. Fix. This.

9) For some reason I'm really intrigued by "The Bold & The Beautiful" today. I'll watch again in a month and I'm SURE that Bridget still won't know who the father of her baby is.

10) Despite the rants in #s 1, 2, and 3, today is a good day and I'm feeling very much at peace. If only I'd gotten in gear today and cleaned the house. I mean, really, it's dumpy for me. But hey, it's just going to get worse!!!

Signing off, probably for another month. And really, I'm not that angry or bitter or pissy of a person - just using this forum to share my thoughts. :) Rather than on Facebook, which I use for fun and socializing!

No comments: