Starting in reverse order this time...
Z3 aka "Enrique": Although we will not be naming the baby Enrique, James insists on calling him that. I told him he would be able to torture his youngest brother with that nickname the rest of his life but it would not be the name on the birth certificate. Anyway, # 3 is doing well. I have been concerned that he has not been moving a lot but the past few days he's made his presence known, thankyouverymuch. He feels pretty low to me, as Nate did. Perhaps the placenta is also in the front so a lot of movements are muffled. I mainly feel him at night and early in the morning....uh oh, another non-sleeper. :) I go in next week (the 20th) for my gestational diabetes test. I'm going to hope that I pass with flying colors because even though my jaw is hurting I can still drink milkshakes and slurp down ice cream if I must.
Nate: Is almost 2! Where did the time go?! He is stubborn, headstrong, adorable, and sweet. His words are increasing but of course at this very moment I can't remember. His current obsession is trains: he's begun building tracks and putting together train cars and running them on the tracks - he's having a lot of fun with it. Nate is also showing a lot of interest in playing with airplanes, which is fun. We are having some nice one on one time this week while James is at camp. Birthday boy will be celebrated next weekend here at home - it's hard to know what to buy a second kid who's the same gender as the first but I managed to find a few items today. The poor third boy is going to get a piece of wood to play with. Or have stuff from the house wrapped up. :)
James: Is at camp this week and is doing great. He has his moments (don't they all?) but in general he is the textbook first child: obedient, responsible, sweet, helpful. Well, except for when he wants to watch "Rescue Heroes", his new obsession. Or I guess it's been two months - in any case, they are the current thing around here. Playing with the toys, talking about the characters, and watching the show whenever possible. Besides that, James has had a good number of playdates this summer, we've been at the pool a lot, he will start swim lessons in two weeks, and is doing one more camp this summer after this week of bible camp. He's a fun one to have around and while sometimes he talks back he quickly apologizes and helps me and follows directions.
Greg and I are happy to have had a family trip this summer to Colorado although it was nice to get home, as always. He is busy with work but always tries to get home for play and then bedtime. Hopefully when the boys are older we can all eat dinner together regularly, which would be nice. Currently dinner is at 5:30 because Nate is a terror if he's not eating by then!
We are going to visit Greg's family out of town this weekend along with his parents, which will be fun. The rest of the summer will be full of birthdays and parties, a girls weekend for me, a visit to Connecticut (probably the last before school/I get too big), and then various other stuff going on. It's going by very fast. We have managed to obtain (from a yard sale) bunks for the big boys room that Greg, thank God, put together (after 3 trips to Home Depot in one day! Thanks Greg!!) - and mattresses from my parents basement. I found bedding that James and I agreed on at Target. And now we're just negotiating two chests of drawers and a bookcase for the room -- hoping to have those in place and Nate moved next door by September. Then I have decided to re-do the nursery. No need to keep it yellow anymore, so I'm going with blues and browns and caramels. I've found the bedding and accessories I want and so will order it all once Nate is moved - then I'll try to sell the old bedding. I have a TON of stuff to put on Craig's List - maybe I'll start photographing it now...in any case, lots to do but it feels really manageable.
And for some reason, the song "Halo" by Beyonce keeps going through my head. Just reading the lyrics makes me think that, for me, it's about my baby to be...
Remember those walls I built
Well, baby they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make up a sound
I found a way to let you in
But I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now
It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
It's the risk that I'm takin'
I ain't never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light
I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like falling
Gravity can't forget
To pull me back to the ground again
Feels like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
The risk that I'm takin'
I'm never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
I can feel your halo halo halo
I can see your halo halo halo
No comments:
Post a Comment