I just searched the archives to see if I could find out James's 2 year stats but alas I couldn't find them. I am curious to see how the boys compare. Today we had Nate's 2 year check up -- he's doing great. He's a big boy and I think going to be a tall man! Everything was great - I might do ChildFind to see if Nate's speech is delayed or not or wait until preschool to see if they suggest he be evaluated. He is, in recent weeks, saying a LOT more: "daddy go" and "bye bye JJ" and things of this nature. His favorite and most well-enunciated word is "Ow". Guess he falls down a lot!!
Last night Nate decided that enough was enough and he crawled out of the crib 3-4 times. We decided to transition him to the bottom bunk. It took some doing and about 20 re-placements in the bed along with the words "Nate, it's bedtime" until he fell asleep at 9:30 p.m. He was up early (7) so is doing a nice nap now following his appointment and his two (boo!) shots.
His appointment was wonderful - lovely NP who said he's right on track. My only concern was about his, um, testicles. The right one has looked bigger in the past few months. The NP agreed that it's a concern so I will take Nate for a urology consultation. I told Greg that she could easily find his left testicle but the right one seems to have some fluid in it and the testicle was hard to find. He joked, "well, as long as one works." True enough but still, I'd like him to have two fully functioning testes! (Never thought I'd type that - EVER). Hopefully the consult will show it's not a big deal but please keep us in your thoughts.
Otherwise, Nate is a big, solid, strong, and fabulous 2 year old. When I looked over the list of 2 year old "typical" behaviors, emotions, etc. it was like reading a book about him. So I feel good about that. His stats, without further ado:
Height: 37 inches (OVER 95%)
Weight: 29 pounds 8 ounces (70%) (I'd like to point out that James weighed in at 35.5 pounds at his 4 YEAR check up - yikes! - Nate's a bruiser!)
Head: 19.5 inches (80%)
Shoe size: 8 (yikes!!)
This boy is going to keep our fridge empty but our hearts full. I love you Nate!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment