Until my due date, of course! Of course, that doesn't mean that the baby will arrive on Nov. 5. Just hoping for something near there that begins as a natural process. I'm not into the idea of an induction and luckily my life makes it possible to be pretty flexible. So we'll wait and see and hope that little man decides to come sometime around the 5th.
I am getting to the point where I'm just worn out. I want to do so much with the boys and the school and the moms groups and the laundry and the dusting (okay, that's a lie), but I just can't. And while I really like being pregnant I'm getting ready to want my body back. The one that can go run a few miles, chase the boys in the backyard, etc. etc. So I am doing my best to mentally bring my mind down to the same level of activity as my body...which is hard for me. I'm so Type A sometimes!
In some good news, I finally found a dentist who understands my jaw issues. We are hopefully going to move forward with a treatment plan (a new mouthguard/splint, then possibly tooth re-shaping, oral surgery or not, etc.) and I will feel some relief. Because there is still a lot of pain and it is just not fun. During my appointment, which was to include a regular dental cleaning, I almost passed out twice and my blood pressure dropped to 90/50...not good. So I had to re-schedule the cleaning for after I have the baby and am in an easier?better?not so pregnant? body situation. So that was fun. Not.
Otherwise, baby-wise, all is well. I am not dilated at all (37 weeks 2 days) but things are heading in that direction (will save the TMI descriptions for...never!). My lovely friends from college gave me a generous gift card to Babies R Us and my playgroup friends hosted a sweet dinner for me (and L) last night, where I received the sweetest and coziest clothes for the baby. He will be so warm and happy and just cute in his new duds. It appears that 2010 is the year of the monkey for little baby boys...and in the colors of the new nursery (chocolate brown, blues, greens, etc.). I feel very lucky and blessed.
I'm sure there's more to share. This week will be the last "push" (ha ha) for volunteer activities....tomorrow is the preschool's fall festival, so I'll be there all morning. Then Thursday is moms club open house, where I'll be all morning. Mondays and Thursdays both boys are in school so no break this week for me. Hopefully I'll have the two weeks after this to spend those mornings doing final prep for pre-baby (pack the hospital bag, get the camera ready, and rest).
Until baby photos, probably, since I'm a terrible blogger! :)
J.
1 comment:
That is sooo good to know about them having more room in there - I had NOOO idea! I've been 1 cm dilated since 35 weeks so of course I got my hopes up and thought he would be here by now, but have made no more progress in the past 2 + weeks. I too am trying to just tell myself "God has perfect timing" Good luck and please let me know when you have your newest little boy!!!
Post a Comment