The past three weeks (since my last post) have been very busy -- we had Nate's surgery two weeks ago (on the heels of the preschool fall festival and a moms club open house) and since then a few days off school, trying to keep us all busy, keep the house and laundry clean, etc. Oh, plus we had preschool parties,Trunk or Treat and Halloween, of course! So it's been busy and fun around here. Lots of costumes being worn, lots of candy being hidden, etc.
Nate is doing very well with his recovery. You wouldn't know at all except he still has his stitches in. They will come out in a few weeks. Thankfully as today is the two week mark, he can now do regular baths and play on his ride on cars. So the guest room can be cleared of those! In other Nate news, I had his hearing tested and it was inconclusive. Today we went and had his ears cleaned (gross amount of wax) and checked: his ears are perfect and very healthy. So, his lack of talking/development is probably just a slight delay. At this point, with the baby coming soon (I hope!) our plan is to have him re-evaluated in the new year, at which point I'm sure he'll qualify for services. Which will be a good step in the right direction. Preschool is absolutely helping and his comprehension is spot on. Just need to work on articulation. But we'll get there. I also think that Nate is just ... stubborn. :) Thank God he's cute.
James has been great lately. We call him football maniac. He loves football. Loves. It. He and Greg are like two peas in a pod on weekends although we try to limit games to VT Hokies and then Redskins. James loves to watch highlights (I agree, they are the best) and he tosses a football around the house and makes up games and highlights of his own. He really plays beautifully by himself and is a good boy. Sometimes he talks back but we nip that in the bud pretty quickly. The past few nights he's snuck down and slept with Nate. I admit, it's very cute. :)
Baby Enrique: well, you are supposed to be here today. Due dates are only accurate for 5% I think so I'll give you a day or two to come out. James asked you today where you were and said your response was "the day after tomorrow". So, Sunday. Fine, works for me. :) Actually, come on Monday so you can share a birthday with your grandma. Okaythanksverymuch. :)
Overall, I cannot complain too much: I've felt very strong and healthy this pregnancy and the aches and pains of the past three weeks are not things I would ever say have changed my routine. I've tried really hard to maintain a normal routine for the older boys because I want them to always know that all my boys are equal. So I think I've done that pretty well. Well, except for right now as Nate sleeps and James watches "Over The Hedge". :) But it was a new present and we did some Hooked on Phonics beforehand, so there. :) No, seriously, the baby is fine and will be out soon. I realize I will be exhausted the first few weeks so am trying to enjoy having two boys who put themselves to sleep, sleep through the night, and are good about not crying!
Greg's been working a lot lately. There's a complaint. I hate to complain because his work helps me stay at home. But it's hard to be on my own for 12 hours a day and be THIS pregnant. But he will not be working this much for a few months (just the "normal" amount which for him is 45 hours/week) so I'm doing my best to accept it (and he doesn't travel, which is a plus). And I will have help for at least the first 4-5 weeks of baby's arrival (Greg, my mom, and my MIL) so it will hopefully be a good transition.
So that's it from here. Cats are good, although they sleep entirely too much. Lazy butts.
Will try to post some photos from the past, oh, 6 months. :)
Hopefully will update next with baby news. Not that anyone still reads the blog but maybe someday I will. p.s. to self: Don't wait and see when baby comes, take the meds. You will not regret it.
No comments:
Post a Comment