I'm a bad, bad blogger. I also am a bad photographer - the battery died so I have zero photos of James's basketball season. We do have video, maybe I will upload that someday. Ha ha ha. Surely you jest! In the meantime, briefly....
Christmas in Connecticut: busy, no snow, lots of family time, Nate got a bad cold. On the drive home, he wet his pants (give the kid a break, he was on antibiotics and was coughing a lot), so we finally stopped somewhere in Carlisle, PA (oh, we took a roundabout route home to avoid traffic/rain, etc. and it was TORTURE) to change him and enjoy some of the worst Italian food of our lives. Back in the car, and even after another pee break, Nate peed again. So again we stopped. At this point, I just wanted a big glass of wine. I almost considered drinking through the state of Maryland but what if Greg got pulled over and I would have to be the driver? We'd be camping at some state park. Granted, we would have lots of new presents, but you can't sleep on legos alone!
Didn't mean to go off on that tangent. So Nate was sick. Then Greg got sick. He missed New Year's Eve. My voice felt scratchy and so I went to no talking zone, as I had a gig coming up. Pleasant. Stressful. Ugh. By Weds morning, after a night of no sleep, I begged Greg to stay home - I knew I had a sinus infection and had to get some meds. He handled the boys and I got some meds and rest. That night, I went to bed at 7:30. Hadn't done that since I was 10. Or maybe 5. In any case, I was then up from 3-6 a.m. with crying Dylan. A Dylan who was inconsolable. Greg got up and I went to lie down for a while. After Dylan's nap mid-day, he was hot. And thus begins the story I didn't mean to write. My afternoon of insanity. It goes like this:
All day - no time for shower for Jenn, who is still on antibiotics (this is important to remember)
1:30 - Dylan wakes up, feels warm. Call the ped. Can we get him there at 3:20? Yes. (This is the same place that cleared his ears the DAY BEFORE).
3:00 - Get James out of school early to get to the ped. James cries because he's mad about this. Wah-huh?
3:20 - Screaming, sweating Dylan getting his ears checked, James playing Angry Birds, and Nate lying on the floor. It was lovely. I am still stinky at this point.
3:40 - Dylan is diagnosed with another ear infection. They will send his Rx to the Giant in our neighborhood. I decide in my motherly wisdom to take th boys to McDonald's drive through - early dinner, waste some time, etc. Perfect!
4:30 - Arrive at Giant under the assumption that they've long ago received and filled our Rx. I am so naive. We get in line (which is right next to the bakery, I mean, REALLY), I get the boys doughnuts, then we are told that the Rx isn't there. Oh, wait, let's put some paper in the fax machine. Hum, hum. There it is! Groan. She promises 10 minutes. I must have looked a sight.
5:00 - We leave Giant with the Rx, doughnuts, a new board game, some bath toys, and I have no idea what else.
5:15 - I make the decision that I need to be semi-clean before that evening's gig, for which I need to leave my house at 7. Dylan joins me because he wouldn't leave me alone. I decide that dirty hair is better than nothing. I then have Nate join Dylan. They then take a 30 minute bath while I apply makeup around my crusty nose and curl my hair.
1:00 a.m. - I fall into bed. Exhausted.
So let's just say that late December/early January was tough around there. Then we began basketball. Practice one night a week and games on the weekends. Most of our games were at 8 a.m. Then I began teaching music class again. Then we had birthday parties GALORE for weeks upon weeks.
We threw in a George Mason basketball game, I had two more gigs, the in laws came to visit, and we just kept generally way too busy.
I've hit a mental wall and realize that my anxiety is getting the best of me. Thankfully I am taking steps to control it and am planning less activities, feeling less guilty about missing calls, etc. etc.
Hopefully this spring will be less intense. I love my life but sometimes I just want a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment