Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday

I wish I had a better title to this blog, but alas, I have none. :) The past weekend was good - a baby shower on Saturday and then dinner out on Sunday for my birthday with college friends. Greg painted the bathroom. We both agreed that we disliked the color (think split pea soup) so I went out on Monday and got a new can of paint. Greg painted the first coat last night and it's MUCH better. It's called Zen Mist. I already feel calmer. The goal is to paint another coat tonight and to start putting the bathroom back together tomorrow night. Then we're off to Connecticut for the weekend to visit Greg's parents and hopefully brother/SIL/nieces. My ultimate goal is to have the bathroom DONE for Megan's baby shower next Saturday. I feel like this is possible. My only worry is the new lighting fixture. It's gorgeous and so much more attractive than the current one. But it looks complicated. I know Greg can do it but without the benefit of a weekend? Yikes.

Everything else is in order. Plans for the shower are well underway - I have a long list of duties for next week. Jen is on board with her portion. Mom came over yesterday and we planted flowers out front. The cold last night threatened a few of them but I hope they live for at least two weeks. If they don't, at least the bed is clean and has fresh mulch. After the bathroom, Greg just needs to mow the lawn and then help move furniture for his portion of shower prep. He's happy to do this as he and James will then leave the home for the shower. It will just be the ladies. And the cats, locked up.

Anyway, after James wakes up I'm hoping to go to Babies R Us to get cloth diapers (to be used as napkins at the shower) and then a gift for Megan. I checked out her registry - I'm torn between getting lots of cute girly and pink stuff or getting her the Diaper Genie....all stuff she has registered for, but the Genie more practical. And let's face it, not as much fun to pick out and wrap. We'll see how motivated I am at the store!! At least I'll have the BRU errand out of the way. Hopefully James will be happy to go on a little trip and then we can come home and play outside, which would make him very, very, very, very happy.

Pregnancy-wise, I'm nearing 27 weeks, which is the beginning of the third trimester. At this point at my pregnancy with James, we had decided to move and were beginning the process of leaving Atlanta. I'm very, very, very, very grateful to not be undergoing this sort of major life change with this pregnancy. We have enough other stuff to think about (new furniture for James, transitioning him to a few room/bed, paying for a double stroller, figuring out if the Lexus needs new brakes, going out of town three more times in the next 7 weeks, celebrating James's 2nd birthday, etc. etc.) most of which, okay, ALL of which, is about money. So I'd rather be in one spot and then figure this stuff out. Lots can be done post-baby Elmo's arrival, but, I'd like to have most stuff in place. Is this nesting?

Anyway, physically I am feeling sort of sore and achy. I think this guy is either sitting lower inside of me OR because this is a second pregnancy my body just doesn't have the hutzpah to keep him high! In any case, I tried to do my pre-natal yoga dvd today and I lasted about 16 minutes. All I want to do during James's nap is veg. Maybe I'll do the dvd tonight while Greg is painting and I'm forcing myself to do laundry....we'll see. In the meantime, I'll continue to limp around!!

At least today I managed to walk a mile plus a little - while pushing the stroller. We went to a playgroup in the neighborhood so that was nice. Beautiful day and no excuse not to walk. I can seriously barely remember what we did Monday, but I'm sure it was fun. And yesterday was planting with Mom (Dad came over later too) and then playdate at an elementary school playground. Dinner tonight will be salmon, pasta with pesto and peas, and maybe a chopped tomato and cucumber salad. Don't be impressed. I have to use up the veggies before we leave on Friday for our CT weekend, and the peas were from lunch - James ate a good amount but they were frozen so I made the whole box. And the pesto is left over from our lunch with Mollie and Steve. Still smells good though!

Off to catch 5 minutes of Dr. Phil and then I'm sure James will be up...Greg has a softball scrimmage tonight so he'll be home late. So I think the trip to BRU will definitely be happening. Oh, I think there's a DQ nearby....

No comments: