I'm copying my friend Melissa with some cute things that James has been doing lately - I am reminded to post because her son Owen is doing the same things. Mainly with stuffed animals. James is really into specific stuffed animals: his two Elmos (one large and one small), his Curious George, his "duckie", his "nunnies" (bunny rabbits), and some others. They HAVE to be in his crib or he asks for them. Sometimes he hands them to me after nap and names each one. Then he also hands me everything from his crib. I'm never quite sure what I'm supposed to do with these gifts, but since there's so much stuff in his crib I can't pick him up while I'm holding my bounty. :)
I guess that was the cutest thing lately. Oh, last night we started the official transition to the big boy room/bed with James. The room is all set up albeit for decor (new curtain rod/valence to be hung, wallies to be put up, etc.) and James and I moved all his clothes last week. So the final step was sleeping in the new, very cute and nicely made up with new bedding, toddler bed. Greg put him to bed in there on Monday and then together we put him in the new bed last night. He did really well, although Greg checked on him at 10:30 and he was sleeping on the floor next to the bed with his big Elmo. We don't think he fell out, but are not sure how/when he physically crawled out of bed. In any case, Greg moved him back and he slept on without protest until morning.
Of course, he's in his crib right now napping because that step is way too overwhelming for me to think about. And he's taking an amazing nap today, so I've got to go wake him up shortly. I took advantage of his long nap to do some online shopping (didn't buy anything) and take a nap myself. Greg is working today so I'm hesitant to wake James up. However, I don't want tonight to be way off schedule, so I think I'll have to go get him in 5 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment