I don't remember what I wrote in my last blog, but it was dated the 10th. Since then, we've had a good and busy week.
Saturday night when Greg got home from work I went to my moms club cooking club. It was delicious - we paid $6 for a mom to cook us appetizers (she is a former caterer). I was stuffed and it was very yummy and a nice evening out.
Sunday was Mother's Day - the boys surprised me with my favorite perfume. We actually decided that since my current bottle is nearly full, we'd return it and I'd buy some other stuff. So during the morning hours (it was raining a lot, this is the rainiest May on record) we put James's room together: hung up more stuff, put up his "wallies", etc. Really got him in the groove of his new "big boy room". After his nap, we trekked to the mall. I exchanged the perfume for some new earrings and then got some lotion at Victoria's Secret. Then we hit TJ Maxx to use a gift card - I ended up using the majority of the card on stuff for the boys, but it was fun stuff I wanted. :) Greg then got Outback takeout for dinner. YUM. Apparently this was a popular decision - their phone was busy and the online ordering was down, so Greg had to go in the horrible weather and wait for our meal. But it was worth it! Thanks guys.
The weather was on and off all week. And Greg had to work late every night to finish a project. So suffice it to say, James and I kept busy as we could. We both napped each afternoon except for Thursday and when we didn't have errands or playdates with friends we did stuff around the house and his room. I will take some photos of his room and post them. I'm happy to report he's slept in his big boy bed each night very well, except for last night. Oy, there's a story....
Greg got home from work at 1 a.m. Unfortunately, James and I must have been in the light sleep zone, because we both woke up. James turned his light on and read books. I went in three times to get him back in bed. Finally, I gave up, got him some cheese and changed his diaper. Then, tried to get him to sleep with me. While he fell asleep, my pregnant self wasn't comfortable. So after he continued to wake up, I told him he'd have to spend the rest of the night in the crib (thankfully, still available). Fortunately, he was amenable (it was about 3 a.m. at this point, I'd been awake for 2 hours). We carried his animal friends to his crib, he carried his blankie, and I put him in and shut the door. He slept on until 7:30 a.m. I'm grateful the crib is still available as we make this transition. I realize the baby will be here soon enough but we still have 9 weeks! Luckily he woke up in a fantastic mood.
Today we did family errand time at Costco and Lowe's. And Greg got James to nap in his big boy bed. He was obviously tired but it took some convincing on Greg's part for James to stop turning his light on to read. I love that he's a budding intellectual, but naptime is important for all of us. Unfortunately, my attempt at napping was thwarted by the howling and meowing of Miss Jones, who carried on for 30 minutes. Sigh. Granted, that time frame is nothing compared to the 7 hours of howling and meowing she did on the drive from Greenville, SC to my parents house when we moved back up here two years ago. But I digress...
Tomorrow we have brunch with friends and just some other errands. It is nice to have a quiet weekend. Next weekend is Memorial Day and then James's birthday. The following weekend is my shower and my in-laws and sister in law will be here, and we'll do a family birthday with them for James plus my brother and SIL and my parents. The following weekend we will be in NJ for Stephanie's baby shower, which will be really fun - I am looking forward to meeting her Penn State friends. And then, my friends, the last 7 weeks of prep are upon us. I have a list of things to accomplish prior to Baby Z2 arriving, not the least of which is enjoying the pool while we can. Heck, we paid for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment