Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Letter to James

Dear James,

In a few days, the life you know will be turned upside down - your baby brother will join our family. I hope that the adjustment for all of us is easy and that you, most of all, will only know of life with baby brother here. We are all excited for his arrival but we are most excited for you two to be good friends.

My sweet baby boy, you entered our lives two years ago and we began the journey of family together. When you arrived I was scared and nervous, but I always loved you. You have taught me patience, compassion, calmness, but most of all, how much I am capable of loving. You are my treasure and my joy. You hold my hand now for real, but until you did, you held it with your heart and gave me the strength to get through the tough days. You are such a sweet, gentle boy, and I couldn't ask for more.

Because of you, we knew that we wanted to add to our family and have your baby brother. I hope you always know that the two years we have had together have been magical and special. I am a better person because of you. And I hope, a better mother to you and your brother, because of the time we have shared. Thank you for sharing your life and your toys (!) with your brother. Thank you for being my first born and my sweet mama's boy. There is room in my heart for you and your brother and down the road, maybe another baby...my heart only grows bigger with each baby. I love you now more than ever.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: