Whenever I type Friday I think of the movie "Friday". Sippin' on gin and juice. Oh, wait, that was a Snoop Dogg song. I'm so hip.
Anyway.
After our successful nap yesterday, we enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home. Last night I didn't get out jogging, as Greg got home late, but I did do an exercise DVD. So I lifted a LOT of weights yesterday.
Today, Friday, was not an all day drink fest for me (it was for Nate, but that's another story). No, instead, we went to Wee Play. Today's topic was "circles". It was fun. Nate was awake THE ENTIRE TIME but managed to be calm in the Baby Bjorn. James had a fantastic time again. We then went and picked up Greg and got sandwiches and ate them at the playground by his office. James barely ate because there was a new playground to explore as well as balls to throw over the fence.
We came home and James took a nap - yea! Nate, however, did not cooperate and nap at the same time. He was fussy on and off all day today. Not sure if he's got something or what. In any case, Elizabeth and Matthew and David came over for playtime and wine (wine for mommies). The boys played very well and spent a lot of time doing puzzles, playing cars, and jumping on and off furniture. Baby David is no longer a baby, having turned 1 this week. Where does the time go?! Happy Birthday David!
We enjoyed another quiet evening of puzzles and family time and both boys are now in their rooms. Of course, I plan to stare at Nate for the next 4 months to make sure he's breathing.
Oh, and on a funny note, Greg finished one of the puzzles and said "I did it!" (which James says a lot) and James responded, "I'm proud of you Daddy".
And again, we read "Cat's Colors" and "White Rabbit's Color Book" at LEAST four times each. And "The Big Red Barn". Good animal and color books. Guess this is the theme for September.
Not much on deck for the weekend. Greg has to work (from home at least, and during naptime) so we have that plus a visit from my friend Nicole tomorrow, which will be fun.
And now, off to purchase a video monitor. Am I too obsessed about this? Frankly, I sleep so poorly when Nate's in the crib it is a relief to bring him into our bed. And then when I sleep I don't move at all. No wonder my neck hurts.
No comments:
Post a Comment