Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lunch with Friends

So I guess I take back part of yesterday's post. :) Today we enjoyed lunch with some of my oldest and best friends, Darden and Paula. Darden is in grad school (along with her husband) in Illinois so we don't see them very often. They are home this weekend for her niece's baptism (Abby, who I've written about before). We met up at Paula and Howard's house for a yummy Mexican lunch and just spent time catching up and letting the kids (James, Kaelin and Abby, all 2 years old) enjoy playtime. Nate just chilled. :) It was a great way to enjoy a sunny Sunday. We are now home and all the boys are napping and then we are headed off to a birthday party at At Play Cafe (rescheduled from yesterday as too many people canceled due to the weather). I will post photos of me and the girls soon. I really should scan in some old photos of the three of us over the years - it is funny how much we've changed and yet we haven't!

p.s. Nate slept for four hours last night in his crib. Yea! Yes, he was on his tummy. I feel slightly guilty but he loves it. Soon I'll hopefully get the gumption to nurse him in his room and then get him back in the crib. Unfortunately, last night he was congested so we were up a lot. I'm pretty tired today but am bound and determined to go for a jog after the birthday party. I'd have gone right now while James is napping but I had a lunchtime beer at Paula and Howard's and thought it would keep me from having a good run. Oh, maybe that's why I'm sleepy. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Alex slept on his tummy. It was the ONLY way he would sleep.