James has done very well at preschool - no tears at all and just big smiles. I have done much better than I expected as well (perhaps it's the medication talking, who knows). In any case, I was thinking about the preschool question as I was jogging yesterday (since my battery died about 1/8th of the way into the run....crappers).
Why is James going at age 2 to preschool? Is this for him or for me? Or for Nate? What is best for our family? Does his going change things for him and me? Is this the best decision?
Each time I think about these questions, the answer is always YES, this is a great decision for us and he's going because so far he's LOVING it. James is a social kid who is pretty even-tempered, but sometimes can be a crankster. Preschool is teaching him to listen to a new, very sweet and friendly, authority figure who is not me. It's giving him opportunities outside the home to listen, learn, and play. It's helping him to understand sharing and boundaries.
It's also giving me a chance to re-group and refresh and to be with Nate, one on one.
So it's definitely worth it. And James loves it so far. It is a good decision for our family. We are all happy. And our dining room ceiling will soon be covered with hanging artwork. :)
Still, I do miss James A LOT. Please don't think that I'm whooping and cheering when I drop him off. When I leave the classroom all I can think is, when did you grow up and become such a big boy?
No comments:
Post a Comment