So I'm semi-making up a recipe for tonight. I have a feeling it's not very original at all. But I've made a Chicken Tortilla Soup before (shredded chicken, chicken broth, cans of tomatoes, black beans, corn, and then cheese and chips at the end) and I've made a Tortellini Soup before (broth [vegetable broth for strict vegetarians], garlic, tomatoes, spinach, and tortellini - maybe it had beans too, although I can't remember....Shelley?). So tonight we're having Chicken Tortellini Soup. There's probably way too much going on in the soup, but, I'm hoping the boys will eat it!
1/2 shredded rotisserie chicken
2 cans of chicken broth (I used a Campbell's condensed broth plus 1 can of water)
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 can of dark kidney beans (drained)
1 can of canellini beans (drained)
Garlic (I used garlic powder out of laziness)
Oregano (a tablespoon?)
I threw all that in the crock pot around 1:30 p.m. on Low. It smells pretty good.
Around 4:30 I plan to throw in some frozen tortellini. I think an hour in a low crockpot will cook it thoroughly but not make it too mushy. I hope. We'll see. If they all open up and the cheese goes into the soup, I'll be okay with that.
Around 5:30 I plan to stir in some baby spinach. I know it'll wilt as soon as it hits the liquid. So it doesn't need to cook for long.
So, I think I have everything covered: protein, fat, carbs, vegetables.
If I throw in some wine at some point, what does that count as?
No comments:
Post a Comment